Here is the Chichen Itza Express Tour from Tulum which is the quickest Chichen Itza option available for Tulum travelers. This option is best for people that have other plans later in the day or just don’t want an all day tour.
This tour is still a great tour option that will get you to Chichen Itza, a new 7 wonder of the world, but just focuses on the ruins only. Instead of lunch provided and spending time somewhere eating you will be provided a delicious box breakfast to get your day started early and get on the road for a cooler early entry into Chichen Itza before the sun starts beating down. You will get an hour and a half with your certified guide to learn all kinds of interesting facts about Chichen Itza, the buildings and the Mayan people. After that you will also get an hour to yourself to wander around on your own or relax under a tree and wonder what the Mayan life was like, whatever you like. After you have had your fill of Chichen Itza you will then re board your vehicle and head straight back to Tulum and get back in enough time to enjoy a late lunch and the rest of the day with other activities you wanted to do.
Chichen Itza Facts!
- Meaning: Chichen Itza means “at the mouth of the well of Itza”
- Size: These Mayan ruins covers an area of 6.5 sq km (2.5 sq miles). Chichen Itza was one of the largest Mayan cities and it was likely to have been one of the mythical great cities and the capital of two empires.
- Must see Chichen Itza´s most impressive sights and structures are located in the central zone. Here you´ll find the Juego de Pelota or Ball Court, several platforms, temples, and the spectacular Pyramid of Kukulkan (one of the new Seven Wonders of the Word). It is a massive 25 meter or 80 feet high stone representation of the Maya calendar. Toltec warriors are represented in the carvings around the doorway at the top of El Castillo.
- Visitors: over 1.2 million people per year.
- Tulum central pick up approximately 8:30 a.m., Tour returns 3:30 – 4 p.m.
- Round trip Air Conditioned Transport
- Continental breakfast (Bread, Juice, and Fruit)
- Entrance to the Chichen Itza ruins
- Certificated guide in English or Spanish
- Free time in the Chichen Itza ruins
- Children 3 and under are free but must be sat in an adults lap
Recommended Things to Bring:
*You will receive your tour confirmation within 24 hours of purchase. Next day tours must be reserved by 7 pm, and confirmation will be expedited if available. For next day orders after 7 pm, or any other questions please email us at email@example.com and one of our team will be happy to assist!