Travel in luxury to one of the New Seven Wonders of the World on our Deluxe Chichen Itza Bus tour from Cancun. This bus has larger more comfortable seating, tables, tv’s, onboard bathroom, onboard drinks, alcoholic and non alcoholic. Chichen Itza is one of the best preserved Mayan sites and the pyramid of Kukulkan is sure to knock your socks off. This tour has it all: learn about Mayan traditions and culture at Chichen Itza, relax and swim in an incredible Cenote and visit a Pueblo Magico (Magic Town) enroute back to Cancun.
Start the day by enjoying a delicious continental breakfast on the bus before arriving at the Chichen Itza site. A bilingual guide will take you on a tour for 3 hours, educating and showing you everything that the archaeological site has to offer. Then you will have free time to wander around the ruins and stumbling upon ancient carvings and tombs.
Chichen Itza Facts!
- Meaning: Chichen Itza means ¨at the mouth of the well of Itza
- Size: These Mayan ruins covers an area of 6.5 sq km (2.5 sq miles). Chichen Itza was one of the largest Mayan cities and it was likely to have been one of the mythical great cities and the capital of two empires.
- Must see Chichen Itza´s most impressive sights and structures are located in the central zone. Here you´ll find the Juego de Pelota or Ball Court, several platforms, temples, and the spectacular Pyramid of Kukulkan (one of the new Seven Wonders of the Word). It is a massive 25 meter or 80 feet high stone representation of the Maya calendar. Toltec warriors are represented in the carvings around the doorway at the top of El Castillo.
- Visitors: over 1.2 million people per year.
After exploring Chichen Itza in the morning you will be taken to a nearby Cenote (unique to the Mayan Riveria) where you will be able to escape the heat and go for a dip in the clear water. Cenotes are flooded caverns or underground river systems formed by dissolution of rock where you find amazing stalactites, stalagmites, and marine fossils. A tasty lunch will be provided at this point.
- Tour is approximately 12 hours including pick ups and transfers
- Round trip Transportation in Deluxe air conditioned bus with TV, seat belts, bathroom, and tables for groups.
- Children 3 and under are free for this tour but must be sat in an adults lap
- Continental Breakfast (Juice, fruit, pastries, and coffee)
- Sodas and Beer on board
- Entrance to the Chichen Itza ruin
- Entrance to Cenote IK´KIL
- Free time in the ruin
- Certificated guide in English & Spanish
- Lunch buffet at Mexican restaurant
- You will receive your tour confirmation within 24 hours of purchase
Any questions you have, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will be happy to assist!